Each year at this time, Ol’ Myrt here has the opportunity to encourage others to stop researching and try something else.
STOP RESEARCHING?!! That’s right. Stop researching and share an memory of an ancestory. Share something about his or her life that you remember, or that you’ve discovered in your research.
All this reasonably exhaustive research and following the GPS (Genealogical Proof Standard) is for naught if we don’t share what we’re learning about our progenitors with others.
YOUR REWARD? Well, of course, there’s the obvious reward of keeping the memory of our ancestors alive. But in this case, Ol’ Myrt here has a tangible reward for one lucky winner – a free pass to RootsTech 2018 to be held in the Salt Palace, Salt Lake City, Utah from February 28th through March 3rd (Airfare, lodging, meals and labs not included.) This annual event has become the single largest genealogy technology event in the world.
WHAT WE KNOW ABOUT #RootsTech 2018 thus far
- Gold Olympian Scott Hamilton to Keynote RootsTech 2018
- RootsTech 2018: Class schedule is now available
- What’s New at RootsTech 2018
- Book Your Hotel Room
ENTER TO WIN
- Submit a link to your Share a Memory item in comments to this Share a Memory Contest 2017 post at Myrt’s Musings .
- Your item may be blog post, micro-blog, tweet, Instagram photo, Pinterest Board, video (YouTube, Vimeo, Animoto).
- Deadline – Sunday, 29 October 2017.
- Members of DearMYRTLE and Cousin Russ’ family are ineligible.
- One winner will be announced during Mondays with Myrt 30 Oct 2017 and posted with an update.
- The winner will be given a code to process the free registration at www.RootsTech.org
- If the winner has already registered, the basic registration fee will be refunded by RootsTech.org who has provided this pass for the contest.
SO, STOP RESEARCHING and Share a Memory!