Mondays with Myrt (MwM) is our flagship webinar, where we talk about anything and everything that’s come across our genea-desks in the last week. Powerful genealogy breakthroughs happen during our webinars. The live broadcast starts at Noon Eastern US (New York), 11am Central US (Chicago), 10am Mountain US (Denver, Salt Lake City), 9am Pacific US (Los Angeles). We’ve scheduled around Mr. Myrt’s trip to his ancestral town of Surnadahl near Trondheim, Norway, DearMYRTLE’s trip to THE Genealogy Show in Birmingham, England and Myrt’s family reunion in July.
We will meet:
- 17 June
- 24 June
- 1 July 2019 For this session only, use:
- 22 July
- 29 July
The registration link for the regular recurring webinar series is:
The AmericaGen Study Group meets once in June, and concludes the series with two sessions in July. Broadcasting live Wednesday mornings at Noon Eastern as follows. Our syllabus material is The Researchers Guide to American Genealogy 4th Edition by Val D. Greenwood, 2017 (Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co.). Panelists are advised to use examples from personal research to illustrate the author’s points.
- June 19, 2019 Chapter 26 Military Records: Colonial Wars and the American Revolution
- July 3, 2019 Chapter 27 Military Records: After the Revolution
- July 31, 2019 Chapter 28 Cemetery and Burial Records
The registration link for this recurring webinar series is: https://zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_m-BvT1rGQGWI6RMyC2YRKw
WACKY Wednesday, broadcasts live at 9pm Eastern on the following dates:
- 19 June
- 3 July
- 31 July
The topics are determined why what is discussed during recent Mondays with Myrt where the team wishes to spend an entire hour on a topic. The registration link for this recurring webinar series is: https://zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_0aBwuPvhT1imR3lv8e0OTA
The Archive Lady joins WACKY Wednesday :
- 26 June 2019
- 24 July 2019
Broadcasting live at 9pm Eastern. It’s always a joy to have Melissa LeMaster Barker join us, as she provides the best advice for preserving one-of-a kind items we may have inherited. Melissa is a Certified Archives Manager at the Houston County, Tennessee Archives. A popular genealogical speaker, author and blogger, Melissa is also the FGS Forum Reviews Editor.
The registration link for this recurring webinar series is: https://zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_vrzNTLJ0SjuDZq5iJk5yfA
- Times posted are Mountain Time (Denver), daylight when applicable.
- If you have previously registered for Mondays with Myrt, WACKY Wednesday, the AmericaGen Study Group, or The Archive Lady, you should be receiving reminder emails with your personal link to participate. This is because these are recurring DearMYRTLE webinars using Zoom Webinar options.
- If you are a new attendee, you’ll find the links to register in the “where” portion of the calendar entries below as well as hyperlinked above.
If you need a time zone converter, here’s one DearMYRTLE recommends: http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html
Typically DearMYRTLE webinars are presented at no cost to attendees. If you find the information useful, consider the Pay What You Want business model Ol’ Myrt employs: https://www.paypal.me/DearMYRTLE
For future reference, this is the link to DearMYRTLE’s Event Calendar – http://dearmyrtle.com/blog2/index.php/calendar
Here’s the link to the GeneaWebinars Blog & Calendar of other genealogy webinars, chats and hangouts – http://blog.geneawebinars.com/p/calendar.html
Archived webinars with selected comments and links we mentioned are found at http://dearmyrtle.com/blog2/index.php/blog/